Thanks you or thank you, which one is correct? Technically, only one of these is, but the oher can be slightly modified to be correct.
Thank you is an expression used to show gratitude to someone for a service, gift, compliment, etc. By itself, thank you is the correct form to use.
“Thanks you” would only be correct if words were added to it, such as:
- The community thanks you for your service.
- Thanks to you, many families were helped this season.
Which is correct, thanks or thank you?
Both thanks and thank you are correct ways of expressing appreciation to someone. However, “thank you” is formal, while “thanks” would be considered informal or slang.
Is it rude to say thanks instead of thank you? Saying thanks isn’t exactly rude, but it should not be used in formal or professional conversations. It is similar to saying “hi” instead of “hello”.
What should I reply instead of thanks? There are many different ways to show your appreciation, including:
- I’m very grateful for your help.
- I really appreciate your assistance.
- That was very kind of you, I really appreciate it.
How do you write a thank you message?
A great thank you message has 5 parts:
- Greeting: Make sure you spell their name correctly!
- Thanks: Express your appreciation.
- Acknowledgement: Acknowledge what they did or how their help made things better for you.
- Reiterate thanks: You can’t go overboard!
- Closing: Show the recipient your sincerity.
Thank you so much for your donation to the children’s home. Thanks to you, we were able to purchase many new supplies and equipment to help with their treatment. We are truly grateful for your kindness.
On the contrary, thank you notes can also be a quick line, such as:
- Thank you for your help today, I truly appreciated it.
- You’re an awesome person, thank you so much!
- Many thanks! You’re the greatest!
- That cake was so delicious! Thank you for making it.
- I’m touched beyond words. I really appreciate this.
- It was great of you to stop by today, the team thanks you for your help.
- Thanks a lot for picking me up at the airport today, I appreciate the ride.
- You did a lot of good work today. Thank you for making a difference.
What’s the best reply for thank you?
The most common reply to a thank you is to say, “You’re welcome”.
There are also various other responses you can use. Here’s a breakdown of a few:
- You’re welcome.
- It was my pleasure.
- No problem.
- Don’t mention it.
- I was glad to help.
- It was the least I could do.
- You would do the same for me.
- It was no big deal.